Definition of Stayman Winesap
1. Noun. Crisp tart apple; good for eating raw and suitable for cooking.
Stayman Winesap Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Stayman Winesap Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Stayman Winesap
Literary usage of Stayman Winesap
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Commercial Apple Industry of North America by John Clifford Folger, Samuel Mable Thomson (1921)
"Mountain Region of North Carolina — Stayman, Winesap, Ben Davis or Gano, Delicious, ... Ozarks — Jonathan, Stayman, Winesap, Gano, Black Ben, Grimes (double ..."
2. Annual Report by State Entomologist of Indiana (1910)
"The central section ; winter varieties— Stayman Winesap. Jonathan. Banana. Grimes Golden. Rome Beauty. Indiana Favorite. York Imperial. Delicious. ..."
3. Successful Farming; a Ready Reference on All Phases of Agriculture for by Frank Duane Gardner (1916)
"... Jonathan, Rome Beauty, Stayman Winesap, York Imperial, Ben Davis or Gano, Black-twig or Paragon, and Winesap. It is known as the Winesap belt. ..."
4. Annual Report by State Entomologist of Indiana (1916)
"Our observations showed that Jonathan and Yellow Transparent are particularly susceptible, whereas the Duchess and Stayman Winesap in the same orchard and ..."
5. The Encyclopedia of Practical Horticulture: A Reference System of Commercial by Granville Lowther, William Worthington (1914)
"In the northwest section the best winter varieties are said to be Stayman Winesap, Grimes Golden, Jonathan, Baldwin, King, Northern Spy, Hubbardston, ..."