Definition of Thlaspi
1. Noun. Herbs of temperate regions: pennycress.
Generic synonyms: Dilleniid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Brassicaceae, Cruciferae, Family Brassicaceae, Family Cruciferae, Mustard Family
Member holonyms: Pennycress, Fanweed, Field Pennycress, French Weed, Mithridate Mustard, Penny Grass, Stinkweed, Thlaspi Arvense
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Thlaspi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Thlaspi
Literary usage of Thlaspi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Gardeners Dictionaryby Philip Miller by Philip Miller (1754)
"Mor. Hiß. Mithridate-mu- 'flard, call'd The Rofe oí Jericho. 3. Thlaspi ... with narrow Leaves, which arc hoary, and a white Flower. 17. Thlaspi ..."
2. English Botany, Or, Coloured Figures of British Plants, with Their Essential ...by James Sowerby, James Edward Smith by James Sowerby, James Edward Smith (1799)
"Thlaspi arvense. Linn. Sp, PI. 901. Sm. N. Brit. 683. Huds.231. ... It is now expunged from our с!аь- sical Pharmacopeias. Thlaspi ..."
3. The Microscopy of Vegetable Foods: With Special Reference to the Detection by Andrew Lincoln Winton, Josef Moeller (1906)
"According to Bohmer and Gram, the seeds of this common weed (Thlaspi arvense L.) frequently occur in linseed and rape cake (Fig. 152). ..."
4. Physiological materia medica, containing all that is known of the by William H. Burt (1896)
"Through the cerebro-spinal nervous system, Thlaspi has one special center of ... Thlaspi acts upon the whole venous vascular system, but especially centers ..."