Definition of Tuxtla Gutierrez
1. Noun. A city in southeastern Mexico.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tuxtla Gutierrez
Literary usage of Tuxtla Gutierrez
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. In Indian Mexico: A Narrative of Travel and Labor by Frederick Starr (1908)
"... CHAPTER XXIV AT Tuxtla Gutierrez (1901) knew that Governor Pimentel was not at home, having met him in ..."
2. Promoting Adult Learning by Koji Miyamoto (2005)
"The surrounding rural villages of Tuxtla-Gutierrez (the state capital of Chiapas) ... To tackle this situation, Tuxtla-Gutierrez has started an innovative ..."
3. Implausible Deniability: State Responsibility for Rural Violence in Mexico by Joel A. Solomon, Cynthia G Brown, Sebastian Brett, Human Rights Watch/Americas, Anne Manuel (1997)
"173 In 1911, during a struggle for political power between residents of San Cristobal de las Casas and Tuxtla Gutierrez, the latter accused the church of ..."
4. Notes Upon the Ethnography of Southern Mexico by Frederick Starr, Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences (1902)
"MF Fernandez, of Merida, Yucatan, who speaks only as a traveler, though a good observer, says that at Tuxtla Gutierrez the bride, who is a virgin, ..."
5. Mexico's Gulf Coast by Joanie Sanchez (2004)
"If you are heading into Oaxaca, you'll see Altos (with lots of service to San Cristobal de las Casas and Tuxtla Gutierrez), and if you're com- ..."