Definition of Aalborg
1. Noun. A city and port in northern Jutland.
Generic synonyms: City, Metropolis, Urban Center, Port
Group relationships: Danmark, Denmark, Kingdom Of Denmark
Definition of Aalborg
1. Proper noun. A city and port in Denmark, in Northern Jutland; the fourth-largest city in Denmark and capital of Region Nordjylland. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aalborg Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aalborg
A to Z
A to Zs
Literary usage of Aalborg
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1888)
"... and on that day the charterers tendered to the master for signature bills of lading ordering her to the Port of aalborg, in Denmark, as the port of ..."
2. Northern Germany: As Far as the Bavarian and Austrian Frontiers, with by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1890)
"From aalborg on the Limfjord to Thisted and via Viborg to Langaa. The vessel steams to the W. through the Limfjord (100 M. long; average depth only 6-12 ft. ..."
3. Cements, Limes, and Plasters: Their Materials, Manufacture, and Properties by Edwin Clarence Eckel (1905)
"The aalborg kiln, soon introduced in European cement practice after the success of the Dietzsch kiln had proven the possibility of economical continuous ..."
4. Adventure Guide Scandinavia by Henrik Berezin (2006)
"The Limfjord area has aalborg, the capital and biggest city in the county, as its central point, while the Skagen Peninsula is the highlight of the trip up ..."
5. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1875)
"Tho election of the Minister of Justice, Klein, in tho district of aalborg (by 850 against 841 votes) was declared by tie Folke- ..."
6. Denmark, Past and Present by Margaret Thomas (1902)
"CHAPTER XII aalborg AGAIN over the wild sands of the north, again over the rich ... aalborg is a very old town, which to a great extent preserves its former ..."