Definition of Aboves
1. above [n] - See also: above
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aboves Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aboves
Literary usage of Aboves
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Records of the Town of Newark, New Jersey: From Its Settlement in 1666, to by Newark (N.J.) (1864)
"... pay the Purchase—this Land is to be laid out by the aboves'd Surveyors, John Curtis and William Camp. TOWN MEETING, June 3, 1685—It is agreed that there ..."
2. The History of Salisbury, New Hampshire: From Date of Settlement to the by John Jacob Dearborn (1890)
"This is by Order and Agreement of us the Subscribers and others, Proprietors of the aboves'd Grant of I .ami. As witness our hand, Oct ye 30, 1749. ..."
3. Ancient Dominions of Maine: Embracing the Earliest Facts, the Recent by Rufus King Sewall (1859)
"... as also y* one half of all y* meadow y' Either is or may be made and lyeth within y* Land from y* waters Side part behind y* aboves* tract of Land. ..."
4. History of Bath and Environs, Sagadahoc County, Maine, 1607-1894 by Parker McCobb Reed (1894)
"half of all ye meadow ye Either is on may be made and lyeth within ye Land from ye waters side part behind ye aboves tract of Land & a part Behind a tract ..."
5. Records of the Court of New Castle on Delaware, 1676-1681 by New Castle (Del.). Court, Colonial Society of Pennsylvania (1904)
"... of 100 pounds w6t* John Edmonds did passe for performance of the aboves*l ... the aboves*1 deeds in the be- halfe of sd Edmonds unto the aboves*t John ..."