Lexicographical Neighbors of Abthane
Literary usage of Abthane
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Archaeologia: Or, Miscellaneous Tracts, Relating to Antiquity.. by Society of Antiquaries of London (1789)
"Remarks on the title of Thane and abthane. By Robert Riddel, of Glen Riddel, Efy. In a letter to Mr. Gough. Read January 8, 1789, SIR, ..."
2. A History of the Highlands and of the Highland Clans by James Browne (1851)
"Crinan, abbot of Dunkeld, the father of Duncan.—Title of abthane—Circumstances in which il originated.—Clan Donnachie.—Its origin and descent.—Possessions. ..."
3. Fragments of Scotish History by Sir John Graham Dalyell (1798)
"Fordun tells us, Malcolm II. bestowed his daughter upon Crinan, abthane of Dull ("'J. Mr Pinkerton derides the idea of an ..."
4. The Highlanders of Scotland by William Forbes Skene (1902)
"The title of abthane is peculiar to Scotland, and does not appear to have existed in any other country. It also appears to have been of but very rare ..."
5. Charters, bulls and other documents relating to the abbey of Inchaffray by Inchaffray abbey, William Alexander Lindsay, John Dowden, John Maitland Thomson (1908)
"The earl's gift is confirmed by the king (No. XX.), and by the Pope (No. xxi.); but the abthane is omitted in the later ..."