Definition of Acute pyelonephritis
1. Noun. Pyelonephritis resulting from the spread of a bladder infection.
Medical Definition of Acute pyelonephritis
1. Acute inflammation of the renal parenchyma and pelvis characterised by small cortical abscesses and yellowish streaks in the medulla due to pus in the collecting tubules and interstitial tissue. (05 Mar 2000)
Acute Pyelonephritis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Acute Pyelonephritis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Acute Pyelonephritis
Literary usage of Acute pyelonephritis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1907)
"The acute pyelonephritis of pregnancy and of the puerperium, ... Israel called attention to this form of acute pyelonephritis in his text-book, in 1901, ..."
2. Progressive Medicine by Hobart Amory Hare (1917)
"At the base hospitals, chronic septic pyelonephritis with recurring attacks of acute pyelonephritis was not uncommon, and almost always ended fatally, ..."
3. A Text-book of Urology in Men, Women and Children, Including Urinary and by Victor Cox Pedersen (1919)
"Cystoscopy in acute pyelonephritis without ureteral fistula reveals both ureters ... Suppurative acute pyelonephritis with ureteral fistula varies from the ..."
4. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"In numerous of these patients, however, there is a history of a previous acute pyelonephritis or pyelitis, and even in this late stage numerous pus cells or ..."
5. Journal of Cutaneous and Genito-urinary Diseases (1902)
"acute pyelonephritis with the production of miliary abscesses. 2. Pyonephrosis. 3. Localized suppuration in the kidney (kidney abscess). 4. ..."