Definition of Adhesive plaster
1. Noun. Adhesive tape used in dressing wounds.
Generic synonyms: Adhesive Tape
Specialized synonyms: Court Plaster
Lexicographical Neighbors of Adhesive Plaster
Literary usage of Adhesive plaster
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Practical Bandaging, Including Adhesive and Plaster-of-Paris Dressings by Eldridge Lyon Eliason (1921)
"PART IV ADHESIVE DRESSINGS ADHESIVE plaster dressings are used chiefly for ... Surgeon's adhesive plaster.—This is the original rubber adhesive of a deep ..."
2. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1919)
"The method is as follows: The zinc oxide adhesive plaster as an aid to skin ... This consists in pasting adhesive plaster strips about a half to three- ..."
3. A Complete Handbook for the Sanitary Troops of the U.S. Army and Navy and by Charles Field Mason (1917)
"CHAPTER IV adhesive plaster, STRAPS AND STRAPPING As many of the uses of adhesive plaster are so important, it is thought best to devote a chapter of minor ..."
4. The Retrospect of Practical Medicine and Surgery: Being a Half-yearly edited by William Braithwaite, James Braithwaite, Edmond Fauriel Trevelyan (1873)
"FENESTRATED NON-adhesive plaster FOR SKIN- GRAFTING. ... An oblong or oval opening is cut in the centre of a strip of adhesive plaster, ..."