Definition of Adirondack mountains
1. Noun. A mountain range in northeastern New York State; a popular resort area.
Group relationships: Empire State, New York, New York State, Ny
Generic synonyms: Chain, Chain Of Mountains, Mountain Chain, Mountain Range, Range, Range Of Mountains
Adirondack Mountains Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Adirondack Mountains Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Adirondack Mountains
Literary usage of Adirondack mountains
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Historical Collections of the State of New York: Containing a General by John Warner Barber, Henry Howe (1842)
"adirondack mountains. The adirondack mountains, which are partially in this town, were comparatively but little known until explored by the state ..."
2. Manual of the Mosses of North America by Leo Lesquereux, Thomas Potts James (1884)
"Rocky Mountains (Drummond); Lake Superior (Agassiz); Ausable River, base of the adirondack mountains, New York (Lesque- ..."
3. Rural New York by Elmer Otterbein Fippin (1921)
"adirondack mountains The adirondack mountains scarcely require mention as to soils, as the region has small agricultural value outside of forest purposes. ..."
4. An Inquiry Into the Conditions Relating to the Water-supply of the City of by Merchants' Association of New York (1900)
"The adirondack mountains. The adirondack mountains have been mentioned even oftener than the Catskills as a favorite locality towards which the New Yorker ..."
5. Autumnal Catarrh (hay Fever) by Morrill Wyman (1876)
"So also the adirondack mountains,1 in the northeastern part of the State of New York, including the St. Lawrence and Chateaugay ranges, and probably the ..."