Definition of Admin
1. Noun. A person who has specific controls to a forum/website/etc. that allows them to control the forum/website/etc. ¹
2. Noun. A person who controls specific network. ¹
3. Verb. To serve as an administrator for or of. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Admin
1. administration [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Admin
Literary usage of Admin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The "A.L.A." Index An Index to General Literature, Biographical, Historical by William Isaac Fletcher, American Library Association (1914)
"Fairlie, JA Essays in municipal admin., 145-163. — museums of Paris. ... Avebury, JL Essays and Essays in municipal admin., 275-285. add. 206. ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1890)
"... 222] (which was the case of an admin- strator), are somewhat apposite to the case now before us. "The intestate," said the court, "had been largely ..."
3. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1920)
"... a spirit of compromise; but his statements seem to have been made only in a spirit of benevolence, and without any admin- sion of legal liability. ..."
4. Commission Leaflets by Legal dept, American Telephone and Telegraph Company (1915)
"admin. Ruling No. 11. Nov. 13, 1914 527 In re Free Service to Officers and Employees ... admin. Ruling No. 12. Nov. 13, 1914 528 In re Free Toll Service to ..."
5. The Colonial Records of the State of Georgia by Georgia General Assembly (1904)
"The Oath of Office as Common Council Man of the Trust was admin- ister'd to the R' Hon"" the Earl of Shaftesbury. Read a Letter to General Oglethorpe and ..."
6. A Treatise on the Law of Executors and Administrators by Edward Vaughan Williams, Roland Lomax Vaughan Williams, Joseph Fitz Randolph, William Talcott (1895)
"... ha* his election *whether he will accept or refuse the executorship, yet he may deter- mine such election, by acts which amount to an admin- istration. ..."