Definition of Advanced research and development activity
1. Noun. An agency of the Intelligence Community that conducts advanced research and development related to information technology.
Generic synonyms: Agency, Authority, Bureau, Federal Agency, Government Agency, Office
Group relationships: Ic, Intelligence Community, National Intelligence Community, United States Intelligence Community
Lexicographical Neighbors of Advanced Research And Development Activity
Literary usage of Advanced research and development activity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Forcenet Implementation Strategy by Nsb (2005)
"He has served on numerous scientific boards and advisory committees, such as the Army Science Board's Advanced Research and Development Activity (ARDA) ..."
2. Making the Nation Safer: The Role of Science and Technology in Countering by National Research Council (2002)
"... such as the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, DARPA, and the Intelligence Community's Advanced Research and Development Activity, have relevant expertise ..."
3. Cyber Security: A Crisis of Prioritization: Report to the President by the edited by Marc R. Benioef, Edward D. Lazowska (2005)
"... programs within the intelligence agencies is provided by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Advanced Research and Development Activity (ARDA). ..."
4. Signposts in Cyberspace: The Domain Name System and Internet Navigation by National Research Council (U.S.) (2005)
"... by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the Advanced Research and Development Activity, available at <http:// trec.nist.gov>. ..."