Definition of Aetobatus
1. Noun. A genus of Myliobatidae.
Generic synonyms: Fish Genus
Group relationships: Family Myliobatidae, Myliobatidae
Member holonyms: Aetobatus Narinari, Spotted Eagle Ray, Spotted Ray
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aetobatus
Literary usage of Aetobatus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Fishes by David Starr Jordan (1907)
"In aetobatus the teeth are very large, forming but one row. The species aetobatus narinari is showily colored, brown with yellow spots, the body very ..."
2. The Fishes of North Carolina by Hugh McCormick Smith (1907)
"Snout produced, rounded; teeth broad, in single series aetobatus. a. ... Genus aetobatus Blainville. Eagle Rays. Body very wide, the wings pointed; ..."
3. Corundum and the Peridotites of Western North Carolina by Joseph Hyde Pratt, Joseph Volney Lewis (1907)
"Snout produced, rounded; teeth broad, in single scries aetobatus. a. ... Body as in aetobatus; cephalic fin a convex fleshy appendage in front of snout; ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1910)
"... University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC The Jaws of the Spotted Sting Ray aetobatus narinari: EW GUDGER, State Normal College, Greensboro, ..."