Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Akedah Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Akedah
akedah (current term)
Literary usage of Akedah
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Return to the Fountainhead of the Faith: Explore World Ideologies, Church ...by Shelley Wood Gauld by Shelley Wood Gauld (2007)
"(Amos 3:6) Days of Awe and the Jewish 'akedah The Hebrew word 'akedah means "binding. ... Yeshua and the 'akedah. Several interesting parallels can be drawn ..."
2. Original Virtue, and Other Short Studies by Solomon Levy (1907)
"(d) akedah (" the binding of Isaac "). In the whole history of Jewish martyrdom, Isaac s regarded as the first and highest example of willingness to be ..."
3. The Legends of the Jews by Louis Ginzberg (1913)
"He was mounted upon the very ass that had borne Abraham to the 'akedah on Mount Moriah, the ass upon which the Messiah will appear riding at the end of ..."
4. The Guide of the Perplexed of Maimonides by Moses Maimonides, Michael Friedländer (1885)
"It was just the right thing that this lesson derived from the akedah (" sacrifice ") should be taught through Abraham and a man like Isaac.1 For Abraham was ..."
5. Max Lilienthal, American Rabbi: Life and Writings by David Philipson, Max E. Lilienthal (1915)
"... that my sermon did not meet with the approbation of the Polish party, approached me, saying: "Why did you not read a piece of the Baal akedah-3 or the ..."