Definition of Alang
1. along [adv] - See also: along
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Alang Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Alang
Literary usage of Alang
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Complete Word and Phrase Concordance to the Poems and Songs of Robert by J. B. Reid (1889)
"I eie them [sorrow, care] a skelp as they're creeping alang, S. Contented wf little ... And sock or buskin skelp alang Add. to the Deil. г. On W. Chalmers. ..."
2. Plant-geography Upon a Physiological Basis by Andreas Franz Wilhelm Schimper (1903)
"Invasion of the Malayan forest by the alang-steppe. Degradation of woodland and grassland into desert. Characteristics of deserts, ii. Woodland Climate. ..."
3. Lean's Collectanea by Vincent Stuckey Lean (1902)
"in a harvest morning's gude indeed.—Hen. A Merse mist alang the Tweed There's a high wooded hill above ..."
4. A Descriptive Dictionary of British Malaya by Nicholas Belfield Dennys (1894)
"... exists in the caves of the coast of some of the islands, but is not numerous. The birds of prey are numerous, and consist of kites, alang, and hawks, ..."