Definition of Albuca
1. Noun. Any of various plants of the genus Albuca having large clusters of pale yellow flowers; South Africa.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Albuca
Literary usage of Albuca
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Curtis's Botanical Magazine, Or, Flower-garden Displayed: In which the Most by John Sims (1805)
"С albuca MAJOR. LARGER albuca. C/afs and Order. ... 2. /. 443. Co!. Suppl. 96. Redouté Lil. t. 69. albuca lútea (a). ..."
2. Curtis's Botanical Magazine, Or, Flower-garden Displayedby John Sims by John Sims (1814)
"G. albuca viridiflora. Jacq. Ic. Rar. 2. tab. 446. Coll. Suppl. 98. Willd. Sp. PL 2. ico. Hort, Kew. ed. 2. 2. 250. The thick laminae which form the Bulb ..."
3. Hortus Kewensis; Or, A Catalogue of the Plants Cultivated in the Royal by William Aiton (1811)
"albuca caudata. Jacqu. ic, 2. t. 442. Nat. of the Cape of Good Hope. Mr. Fr. Masson. ... Clammy-leaved albuca. Fl. May and June. GH If. Introd. about 1779, ..."
4. Hortus Kewensis: Or, A Catalogue of the Plants Cultivated in the Royal by William Aiton (1789)
"1784.. p. 293. albuca major. Sp. pi. 438. Great albuca. Nat. of the Cape of Good Hope. Introd. about 1767, by Mr. William Malcolm. //.May. GHV 3. ..."
5. Journal of Science and the Arts by Royal Institution of Great Britain (1817)
"HK albuca minor. 21. HK albuca fastigiata. 474. HK albuca abyssinica. 195. ... albuca cornuta. 70. We believe this not to be different from ..."