Definition of Aleppo boil
1. Noun. Leishmaniasis of the skin; characterized by ulcerative skin lesions.
Generic synonyms: Kala Azar, Leishmaniasis, Leishmaniosis
Medical Definition of Aleppo boil
1. The lesion occurring in cutaneous leishmaniasis. See: cutaneous leishmaniasis Synonym: Biskra boil. (05 Mar 2000)
Aleppo Boil Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aleppo Boil Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aleppo Boil
Literary usage of Aleppo boil
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Medical Times and Gazette (1885)
"But Dr. Geber does not, as Dr. Fox asserts, deny that there is any disease which might bo called aleppo boil ; he only restricts the title to inflammations ..."
2. The Curious Lore of Precious Stones: Being a Description of Their Sentiments by George Frederick Kunz (1913)
"In Aleppo (and elsewhere in the East) there is a certain type of sore known as the "Aleppo button" or "aleppo boil." The boil frequently does not appear for ..."
3. The Principles and Practice of Dermatology: Designed for Students and by William Allen Pusey (1911)
"... aleppo boil, Biskra Button, Delhi Boil, ... aleppo boil is an infectious ulcer pursuing an indolent course which is endemic ..."
4. The pathology and treatment of diseases of the skin by John Laws Milton (1872)
"... freely applied to the base of the vesicle, than on anything I know. D. aleppo boil. Definition.—A small, very slightly raised pustule, ..."
5. Diseases of the Skin: Their Pathology and Treatment by Milton Bixler Hartzell (1917)
"aleppo boil; Oriental boil; Delhi boil; ... as confined to Syria and particularly to Aleppo, hence one of the names by which it is known, aleppo boil. ..."