¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Algicide
1. a substance used to kill algae [n -S]
Medical Definition of Algicide
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Algicide Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Algicide
Literary usage of Algicide
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Plant Industry, Division of Plant Industry, Queensland (1904)
"COPPER AS AN algicide AND DISINFECTANT IN WATER SUPPLIES. INTRODUCTION. At the time of publication of the results of the experimental use of copper sulphate ..."
2. Public Health Papers and Reports by American Public Health Association (1906)
"As to the question of copper sulphate, it is quite apparent that this subject needs consideration from two distinct standpoints, namely, as an algicide and ..."
3. Potable Water and Methods of Detecting Impurities by Moses Nelson Baker (1906)
"uable symposium on copper sulphate as an algicide, and as a possible protection against typhoid fever germs in public water supplies, and on the probable ..."
4. Organic Lies: Misconceptions of the United States Organic Act in America and by Mary Choate (2007)
"In accordance with restrictions specified in this section, the following synthetic substances may be used in organic crop production: (a) As algicide, ..."