Definition of Alizarin yellow
1. Noun. Any of various yellow dyes; not related chemically to alizarin but applied in the same manner.
Alizarin Yellow Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Alizarin Yellow Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Alizarin Yellow
Literary usage of Alizarin yellow
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Report of the Annual Meeting (1894)
"From aniline and 0-naphthol-disulphonic acid GS and J. 28. Wool Book IV. Mordant Colours. 10. »alizarin yellow E (Cr.). ... »alizarin yellow GGW. (Cr.). ..."
2. A Hand-book of Industrial Organic Chemistry by Samuel Philip Sadtler (1900)
"Oriol (GJ Importuni are also the yellow salicylic acid azo colors, such as Alizarin yellow (H.), etc. Is hardly ever used for cotton. ..."
3. Chemistry of the Organic Dye-stuffs by Rudolf Nietzki (1892)
"It is known in commerce as alizarin yellow A. ... It is named alizarin yellow G. Ellagic Acid. This compound is related to the above dyestuffs and to gallo- ..."
4. The Chemistry of the Coal-tar Colours by Rudolf Benedikt (1889)
"It is used besides along with an iron mordant for dyeing and printing fast violets. Alizarin-yellow shade contains a large percentage of ..."
5. Industrial Organic Chemistry: Adapted for the Use of Manufacturers, Chemists by Samuel Philip Sadtler (1912)
"alizarin yellow A is made by the condensation of benzoic acid with pyrogallol, ... while alizarin yellow C is made by the condensation of acetic acid with ..."
6. A Method for the Identification of Pure Organic Compounds by a Systematic by Samuel Parsons Mulliken (1904)
"D. sh ale.; sol. clear yellow w. faint-green fluorescence. alizarin yellow " C," CH3.CO.C»H,(OH)2.—Yellowish paste, esh aq.—Sol. in cone. H2SO, yellowish. ..."
7. Materials for Permanent Painting: A Manual for Manufacturers, Art Dealers by Maximilian Toch (1911)
"alizarin yellow AND GREEN These two colors are taken as one, for the reason that both alizarin yellow and alizarin green do not exist, all the alizarin ..."