Definition of American baptist convention
1. Noun. An association of Northern Baptists.
Generic synonyms: Association
Member holonyms: Northern Baptist
Lexicographical Neighbors of American Baptist Convention
Literary usage of American baptist convention
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Baptist Magazine by Baptist General Convention, Board of Managers (1829)
"... to take into consideration, at its meeting in Philadelphia, in April, 1829, the propriety of forming an american baptist convention for General pur- ..."
2. Baptist Missionary Magazine by Massachusetts Baptist Convention, American Baptist Foreign Mission Society (1829)
"... to take into consideration, at its meeting in Philadelphia, iu April, 1829, the propriety of forming an american baptist convention Jar General pur- ..."
3. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1908)
"Protestant missions in Liberia were commenced by the american baptist convention through the Rev. Lott Carey, who went to Monrovia in 1822. ..."
4. The Twentieth Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans ...by John Howard Brown by John Howard Brown (1904)
"... president of the Massachusetts Baptist convention, 1838-40; of the American Baptist convention, 1838-40; of the American Baptist home mission society, ..."
5. Teloogoo Mission Scrap Book by American Baptist Foreign Mission Society (1888)
"The 29th Annual meeting of the american baptist convention was held in the ... The 30th Annual meeting of the american baptist convention was held in the ..."