Definition of American dewberry
1. Noun. Of eastern North America.
Terms within: Dewberry
Generic synonyms: Dewberry, Dewberry Bush, Running Blackberry
2. Noun. North American dewberry.
American Dewberry Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: American Dewberry Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of American Dewberry
Literary usage of American dewberry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"Cultivated american dewberry. A variable group of American origin, from the native species: trailing or prostrate plants, the weak slender canes lying on ..."
2. Medicinal Plants: Being Descriptions with Original Figures of the Principal ...by Robert Bentley, Henry Trimen by Robert Bentley, Henry Trimen (1880)
"... Rubus canadensis, being the american dewberry; and the other— Rubus villosus, the American Blackberry. General Characters and Composition. ..."
3. A Dictionary of Medical Terminology, Dental Surgery, and the Collateral Sciences by Chapin Aaron Harris (1855)
"The low blackberry ; called also american dewberry. This, according to some botanists, is the Rubus canadensis. The root is the officinal part, ..."