Definition of Ampere-minute
1. Noun. A unit of charge equal to 60 coulombs.
Terms within: Ampere-second, C, Coulomb
Group relationships: Ampere-hour
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ampere-minute Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ampere-minute
Literary usage of Ampere-minute
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Electrical Words, Terms and Phrases by Edwin James Houston (1903)
"Ampere-Minute.—A unit of electrical quantity equal to the electric quantity conveyed by one ampere in one minute. Ampere-Ring.—A word sometimes used for ..."
2. The Standard Electrical Dictionary: A Popular Dictionary of Words, Terms by Thomas O'Conor Sloane (1892)
"ampere-minute. The quantity of electricity passed by a current of one ampere in one minute ; sixty coulombs. Ampere Ring. A conductor forming a ring or ..."
3. Locomotives: Simple, Compound, and Electric by Harry Clifton Reagan (1907)
"ampere-minute. The quantity of electricity passed by a current of one ampere in one minute as sixty coulombs. AMPERE-HOUR. The quantity of electricity ..."
4. "WWJ--The Detroit News": The History of Radiophone Broadcasting by the by Detroit news (1922)
"ampere-minute and ampere-second are the same, but for the altered time value. Amplifier—A device used to magnify small radio or audio frequency currents. ..."
5. The Principles of Applied Electrochemistry by Arthur John Allmand (1912)
"16-8 litres of electrolytic gas at 0° and one atmosphere. One ampere- minute means therefore 10-44 cc of gas. To convert the volume as actually ..."