Definition of Amphibious aircraft
1. Noun. An airplane designed to take off and land on water.
Amphibious Aircraft Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Amphibious Aircraft Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Amphibious Aircraft
Literary usage of Amphibious aircraft
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Russian Defense Business Directory: St. Petersburg and Leningrad Oblastedited by Franklin J. Carvalho edited by Franklin J. Carvalho (1998)
"It markets Russian technologies, including the Beriev Taganrog "wing-in-ground-effect" (WIG) amphibious aircraft, in the West. 29. SPACE COMMERCE CORP. ..."
2. Best Dives of the Caribbean by Joyce Huber (2006)
"A dock with a pier head depth of about six ft and an area for amphibious aircraft are on the north side of the island. Dive boats are required to anchor in ..."
3. Best Dives of the Western Hemisphere by Joyce Huber (1999)
"... for amphibious aircraft are on the north side of the island. Dive boats are required to anchor in designated areas to prevent reef damage. ..."
4. East of Cleveland by Richard Cartwright Austin (2004)
"Juan Trippe, founder of Pan American Airways, commissioned the first long-range amphibious aircraft which the Russian-torn Igor Sikorsky designed and built. ..."