¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Anconeal
1. ancon [adj] - See also: ancon
Medical Definition of Anconeal
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anconeal
Literary usage of Anconeal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Contributions from the E.M. Museum of Geology and Archæology of Princeton by Princeton University, E.M. Museum of Geology and Archaeology (1878)
"The anconeal fossa is median in position and quite deep. Measurements of Humerus. M. Length -63 Smallest circumference of shaft just below deltoid ridge ..."
2. Journal of Morphology by Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology (1891)
"The anconeal fossa is very small, but deep, and penetrates the shaft to form ... margin of the anconeal fossa is seen to project behind the outer margin, ..."
3. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1886)
"Trochilus has two anconeal sesamoids ... t The majority of passerine birds dissected by me have an anconeal sesamoid, one on the ulnar side of the carpus, ..."
4. Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History by American Museum of Natural History (1895)
"... way in which the comparatively thin internal border of the anconeal fossa is prolonged downwards so as to form the most dependent part of the bone. ..."
5. A History of Land Mammals in the Western Hemisphere by William Berryman Scott (1913)
"... posterior fore limb has a single bone, the side. ««. epi external epicondyle. humerus the Upper end of which a./, anconeal fossa. ..."