Definition of Anglo-jewish
1. Adjective. Of English-speaking Jews and their culture. "Anglo-Jewish papers"
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Anglo-jewish Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anglo-jewish
Literary usage of Anglo-jewish
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of Zionism, 1600-1918 by Nahum Sokolow (1919)
"... AND THE anglo-jewish ASSOCIATION IN considering the relationship of the Alliance Israelite Univer- selle and the Anglo-Jewish Association to the Jewish ..."
2. Outlines of Jewish History, from B.C. 586 to C.E. 1890: With Three Maps by lady Katie (Emanuel) Magnus, Michael Friedländer (1890)
"Progress of Anglo-Jewish Legislation.—In 1723 an Act was passed through Parliament which permitted Jewish evidence to be received in all ..."
3. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1886)
"Its effects were seconded by the Anglo-Jewish Association, the British Board of ... A deputation from the Anglo-Jewish Association waited on Lord Derby, ..."
4. History of the Jews by Heinrich Graetz, Philipp Bloch (1895)
"... Netter—The American Jews—The " Union of American Hebrew Congregations "—The Anglo-Jewish Association—Benisch, ..."