Definition of Animal virus
1. Noun. An animal pathogen that is a virus.
Specialized synonyms: Adenovirus, Arenavirus, Bunyavirus, Filovirus, Alphavirus, Flavivirus, Vesiculovirus, Poxvirus, Hepadnavirus, Retrovirus, Myxovirus, Picornavirus, Herpes, Herpes Virus, Papovavirus, Rhabdovirus, Lyssavirus, Reovirus, Parvo, Parvovirus
Animal Virus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Animal Virus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Animal Virus
Literary usage of Animal virus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of Social Science: Containing the Proceedings of the American by American Social Science Association, Franklin Benjamin Sanborn, Frederick Stanley Root (1874)
"Vaccination with animal virus is equally as protective against small-pox as is vaccination with humanized virus. This, which De Paul had already proved by ..."
2. The Medical and Surgical Reporter (1894)
"writer who advocates the use of animal virus. He writes, "It is pleasant to note the progress that has been made in the use of animal virus; ..."
3. A System of Practical Medicine by William Pepper, Louis Starr (1885)
"The first of these propositions, which asserts that humanized vaccine confers greater protection against small-pox than the animal virus, was warmly ..."
4. Edinburgh Medical Journal (1879)
"He states that " direct animal virus on ivory or bone points or quill slips keeps as well as any other, and so does this virus in the form of the dried ..."
5. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1905)
"... pustule of which the insured died was the result of the animal virus coming ... or how the animal virus came in contact with the person of the deceased, ..."