Definition of Annular scotoma
1. Noun. A circular scotoma surrounding the center of the field of vision.
Medical Definition of Annular scotoma
1. A circular scotoma surrounding the centre of the field of vision. See: ring scotoma. (05 Mar 2000)
Annular Scotoma Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Annular Scotoma Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Annular Scotoma
Literary usage of Annular scotoma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diseases of the eye: A Handbook of Ophthalmic Practice for Students and by George Edmund De Schweinitz (1916)
"Scotomas may develop above and below the blind-spot and gradually coalesce with Fig. 176.—annular scotoma in chronic glaucoma; moderate contraction of the ..."
2. Text-book of Ophthalmology by Ernst Fuchs (1911)
"(6) The oscillating field, in which there are a series of scotomata in each meridian (see Fig. 280). (c) annular scotoma (see Fig. 281). ..."
3. The Eye and Nervous System: Their Diagnostic Relations by William Campbell Posey, William Gibson Spiller (1906)
"... in the diagnosis of hysteria, has observed it when other ocular indict- Bight Flo. 4.—annular scotoma In hysteria ; moderate contraction of form field ..."