¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Anticolonial
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Anticolonial Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anticolonial
Literary usage of Anticolonial
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Colonial Controversy: Containing a Refutation of the Calumnies of the by James MacQueen, Anglus, Zachary Macaulay (1825)
"Instead of doing this, I take up at once the original anticolonial statements regarding these people, and meet these with statements and facts, ..."
2. Responding to Low-Intensity Conflict Challenges by Stephen Blank (1993)
"In this consolidative phase, the regime in power stresses the anticolonial struggle as the foundation of present-day legitimacy. Thus the administration in ..."
3. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1833)
"The evils here depicted are the necessary and inevitable results of that anticolonial policy which Great Britain has lately pursued ; for, whatever you are ..."
4. States, Markets, and Just Growth: Development in the Twenty-first Century by Atul Kohli, Chung-in Moon, Georg Sørensen (2003)
"Long gone are the heady days of anticolonial nationalism and of hopes of the “South” seeking coordinated concessions from the “North. ..."
5. Battle for Ulster: A Study of Internal Security by Tom F. Baldy (1997)
"The Provisionals view the conflict in Northern Ireland as an anticolonial war, designed to drive Britain ..."
6. From Globalism to Regionalism: New Perspectives on Us Foreign and Defense by Patrick M Cronin (1994)
"By the late 1950s, however, the anticolonial struggle was replaced by Cold War battles waged between Soviet and Chinese proxies against the United States, ..."