Definition of Anticonvulsant drug
1. Noun. A drug used to treat or prevent convulsions (as in epilepsy).
Specialized synonyms: Emeside, Ethosuximide, Zarontin, Gabapentin, Neurontin, Hydantoin, Mephenytoin, Mesantoin, Mebaral, Mephobarbital, Gemonil, Metharbital, Milontin, Phensuximide, Mysoline, Primidone, Depokene, Valproic Acid
Generic synonyms: Medicament, Medication, Medicinal Drug, Medicine
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anticonvulsant Drug
Literary usage of Anticonvulsant drug
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Eighth Annual Report on Carcinogens: 1998 Summary edited by Barry Leonard (1999)
"Use Phenytoin is an anticonvulsant drug used alone, or in combination, with phénobarbital or other anticonvulsants to treat grand mal epileptic patients ..."
2. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... should always be alert for their appearance and refer the client for evaluation of his anticonvulsant drug program if side effects are suspected. ..."
3. Value of Psychiatric Treatment: Its Efficacy in Severe Mental Disorders edited by Samuel J. Keith (1996)
"... lithium therapy that have shown success in standardized trials are described below. Carbamazepine Studies have shown that the anticonvulsant drug car- ..."
4. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21, Food and Drugs, Pt. 800-1299, Revised by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"... and anticonvulsant drug, in serum and plasma. Measurements obtained by this device are used in the diagnosis and treatment of lidocaine overdose on in ..."