Definition of Antiepileptic drug
1. Noun. A drug used to treat or prevent convulsions (as in epilepsy).
Specialized synonyms: Emeside, Ethosuximide, Zarontin, Gabapentin, Neurontin, Hydantoin, Mephenytoin, Mesantoin, Mebaral, Mephobarbital, Gemonil, Metharbital, Milontin, Phensuximide, Mysoline, Primidone, Depokene, Valproic Acid
Generic synonyms: Medicament, Medication, Medicinal Drug, Medicine
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antiepileptic Drug
Literary usage of Antiepileptic drug
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21, Food and Drugs, Pt. 800-1299, Revised by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"An ethosuximide test system is a device intended to measure ethosuximide, an antiepileptic drug, in human specimens. Measurements obtained by this device ..."
2. Drug Labeling in Developing Countries by United States, Office of Technology Assessment, Congress, House (1993)
"3 antiepileptic drug dcp ind ci wp 3 antiepileptic drug 3 Antiestrogenic drug 3 ... 2 Insert does not warn that sudden withdrawal of this antiepileptic drug ..."
3. Prescription Drug Prices: Price Gouging by Pharmaceutical Companies? (1993)
"... manufactures Dilantin, an antiepileptic drug used to control seizures or to prevent and treat seizures that occur during or following neurosurgery. ..."
4. Sample Preparation Products Application Bibliography (1993)
"... JE, Van De Laar, GLM, J. Chromatogr., 377:205-212 (1986), Determination in Plasma of a New antiepileptic drug, dl-(5A,9A,l 1S*)- 5,6,9,10-Tetrahydro-N ..."
5. Solid Phase Extraction in Sample Preparation: An Applications Bibliography by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"GLM, J. Chromatogr., 377:205-212 (1986), Determination in Plasma of a New antiepileptic drug, dl-(5A,9A,l 1S*)- 5,6,9,10-Tetrahydro-N,N-dimethyl-5 ..."