Definition of Antihypertensive drug
1. Noun. A drug that reduces high blood pressure.
Specialized synonyms: Ace Inhibitor, Angiotensin-converting Enzyme Inhibitor, Chlorothiazide, Diuril, Catapres, Clonidine, Cardura, Doxazosin, Guanabenz, Wytensin, Apresoline, Hydralazine, Labetalol, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Normodyne, Trandate, Maxzide, Aldomet, Alpha Methyl Dopa, Methyldopa, Minipress, Prazosin, Rau-sed, Raudixin, Reserpine, Sandril, Serpasil, Tenoretic, Hytrin, Terazosin, Aldactone, Spironolactone
Generic synonyms: Medicament, Medication, Medicinal Drug, Medicine
Antihypertensive Drug Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Antihypertensive Drug Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antihypertensive Drug
Literary usage of Antihypertensive drug
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. 5th Report Of The Joint National Committee On Detection, Evaluation, And by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"... lifestyle modification, antihypertensive drug treatment is indicated for older patients and should be considered for younger patients. ..."
2. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Efficacy of antihypertensive drug treatment according to age, sex, ... Prevention of stroke by antihypertensive drug treatment in older persons with ..."
3. Working Group Report on Primary Prevention of Hypertension: National High ...by Edward J. Roccella by Edward J. Roccella (1998)
"... have demonstrated that antihypertensive drug treatment reduces cardiovascular risk in persons with a DBP > 9O mmHg and in those with isolated systolic ..."
4. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"... and diastolic blood pressure had a significant inverse relation with cognitive performance only in the group not on antihypertensive drug therapy. ..."
5. The Women's Health and Aging Study: Health and Social Characteristics of edited by Jack M. Guralnik, Linda P. Fried, Eleanor M. Simonsick, Judith D. Kasper, Mary E. Lafferty (1995)
"Prevention of stroke by antihypertensive drug treatment in older persons with isolated systolic hypertension. Final results of the Systolic Hypertension in ..."