Definition of Apetalous flower
1. Noun. Flower having no petals.
Apetalous Flower Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Apetalous Flower Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Apetalous Flower
Literary usage of Apetalous flower
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Student's Text-book of Botany by Sydney Howard Vines (1896)
"But this is by no means always the case: for instance, in the apetalous flower of Alchemilla the stamens alternate with the sepals, seeming to take the ..."
2. Practical Botany by Joseph Young Bergen, Otis William Caldwell (1911)
"Frequently the arrangement of the floral organs differs from that just described by reason of the absence of one or more FIG. 93. apetalous flower of ..."
3. The Language of Botany: Being a Dictionary of the Terms Made Use of in that ...by Thomas Martyn by Thomas Martyn (1796)
"Every apetalous flower is incomplete j but every incomplete flower -is not apetalous. An imperfect flower wants one or both the ..."
4. Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory of the University of Pennsylvania by University of Pennsylvania, Botanical Laboratory (1897)
"It is worthy of attention, too, that the aerial apetalous flower in the upper part of the plant may be forced to develop a fruit and seed of the ..."
5. Botany by Wilfred William Robbins, John Nathan Martin (1919)
"—apetalous flower of Buck- i . a wheat, c, caly ; s, stamens; p. pistil; Likewise, good crops of Clover Marchand. and Alfalfa ..."