Definition of Appendicular artery
1. Noun. The branch of the ileocolic artery that supplies the vermiform appendix.
Medical Definition of Appendicular artery
Appendicular Artery Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Appendicular Artery Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Appendicular Artery
Literary usage of Appendicular artery
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Lancet-clinic by Mississippi Valley Medical Association, Ohio Valley Medical Association (1908)
"The importance of the ileo-colic circle is that it originates the appendicular artery, and that it is a constant structure with a constant location. ..."
2. The Arteries of the gastro-intestinal tract with inosculation circle by Byron Robinson (1908)
"II, Byron Robinson's classification, which consists of denoting the origin of the appendicular artery from the "ileo-colic circle" (96 per cent. ..."
3. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1913)
"As the appendicular artery courses in the meso-appendix, if the latter does not ... It is difficult with the appendicular artery itself, since most diseased ..."
4. A Text-book of surgical anatomy by William Francis Campbell (1908)
"The appendix is supplied by the appendicular artery (see Fig. 213), arising either from the ileocolic artery direct or from the posterior ileocecal artery. ..."
5. On retro-peritoneal hernia. Being the 'Arris and Gale' lectures on 'The by Berkeley Moynihan Moynihan (1906)
"The first large branch of the appendicular artery is the recurrent or ... This edge contains the recurrent or ileo-appendicular artery, given off almost ..."
6. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1913)
"This is the ileo-appendicular artery, which lies in the free edge of the ileo-appendicular fold. The later development of this fold, then, it would seem, ..."
7. Therapeutic Gazette (1905)
"appendicular artery, which is common to both sexes, but an additional supply ... If the appendix has a mesentery, the appendicular artery-passes along the ..."