Definition of Arab league
1. Noun. An international organization of independent Arab states formed in 1945 to promote cultural and economic and military and political and social cooperation.
Member holonyms: Algeria, Algerie, Democratic And Popular Republic Of Algeria, Afars And Issas, Djibouti, Republic Of Djibouti, Bahrain, Bahrein, State Of Bahrain, Arab Republic Of Egypt, Egypt, United Arab Republic, Al-iraq, Irak, Iraq, Republic Of Iraq, Hashemite Kingdom Of Jordan, Jordan, Koweit, Kuwait, State Of Kuwait, Lebanese Republic, Lebanon, Libya, Socialist People's Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Islamic Republic Of Mauritania, Mauritania, Mauritanie, Muritaniya, Al-magrib, Kingdom Of Morocco, Maroc, Marruecos, Morocco, Muscat And Oman, Oman, Sultanate Of Oman, Katar, Qatar, State Of Katar, State Of Qatar, Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Republic Of The Sudan, Soudan, Sudan, Syria, Syrian Arab Republic, Republic Of Tunisia, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Republic Of Yemen, Yemen
Definition of Arab league
1. Proper noun. an international organization of Arabic-speaking nations, established to coordinate political, cultural, health and communications activities ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Arab League
Literary usage of Arab league
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Egypt's Bid for Arab Leadership: Implications for U.S. Policy by Gregory L. Aftandilian (1993)
"This is why Egypt is seeking to reassert the broader framework of the arab league. This gives Egypt a leading role in Arab politics that is not dependent on ..."
2. Syria and the Middle East Peace Process by Alasdair Drysdale, Raymond A. Hinnebusch (1991)
"The ACC's members announced they would not attend any arab league meeting ... Nevertheless, Egypt's readmission to the arab league, after a ten-year absence ..."
3. Iraq Speaks: Documents on the Gulf Crisis (1993)
"Letter to arab league Secretary General Chedli Klibi from Tariq 'Aziz, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Iraq, on 15 July 1990 Your Excellency ..."
4. Playing the "Communal Card": Communal Violence and Human Rights by Cynthia G. Brown, Farhad Karim (1995)
"The arab league plan was also endorsed by France, the Soviet Union, ... On September 30, the arab league Plan, hereafter referred to as the Taif Accord, ..."
5. Chronicle of Progress by Peter Vine, Ibrahim Abed, Paula Casey-Vine, Abdullah Al Jabali (1996)
"The UAE paid 1.7 million dollars as its share of the arab league budget for 1995. 20 March: Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum opened the live shooting ..."
6. The United Nations System: The Policies of Member States by Chadwick F. Alger, Gene Martin Lyons, John E. Trent (1995)
"The Palestinian cause was a particular focus for its activities in the arab league and permitted Algeria to project its militant concept of Arab unity while ..."
7. Hydropolitics along the Jordan River; Scarce Water and Its Impact on the by Aaron T. Wolf (1995)
"... the Iraqis claimed that the flow had been dropped from the normal 920 m3/sec to an “intolerable” 197 m3/sec, and asked that the arab league intervene. ..."