2. Noun. the bean of this plant ¹
3. Noun. coffee made from these coffee beans ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Arabica
1. an evergreen shrub that produces coffee beans [n -S]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Arabica
Literary usage of Arabica
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1905)
"... as Thea sinensis, Theobroma cacao, Coffea arabica, etc. Fascicle 4, devoted to tropical and subtropical Mexican vegetation, is edited by Dr. Karsten, ..."
2. The Timber Trees, Timber and Fancy Woods, as Also, the Forests, of India and by Edward Balfour (1870)
"... Australia for the several species of acacia, nnd the Australian species A. robusta and A. stricta and others have been introduced into ACACIA arabica. ..."
3. The Microscopy of Vegetable Foods: With Special Reference to the Detection by Andrew Lincoln Winton, Josef Moeller (1906)
"Leaves of the coffee tree (Coffea arabica L., order Rubiacea), like the seeds, ... arabica). Leaf, natural AB FIG. 378. Coffee. A upper epidermis of leaf. ..."