Definition of Araujia
1. Noun. Small genus of South American evergreen vines.
Generic synonyms: Dicot Genus, Magnoliopsid Genus
Group relationships: Asclepiadaceae, Family Asclepiadaceae, Milkweed Family
Member holonyms: Araujia Sericofera, Cruel Plant
Lexicographical Neighbors of Araujia
Literary usage of Araujia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1916)
"Under this disposition, A. graveolens is transferred from araujia. ... The species of araujia resemble in superficial characters the popular stephanotis, ..."
2. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1819)
"Descriptions of a nevo Genus of Plants named araujia, and of a new Species of ... FMLS — araujia is described by Professor Brotero at great length, ..."
3. The Natural History of Plants: Their Forms, Growth, Reproduction, and by Anton Kerner Von Marilaun (1902)
"Very interesting is the result of cultivating the asclepiad araujia albens ... Reliable testimony of this moth-catching propensity of araujia albens ÌR ..."
4. The Entomologist's Monthly Magazine by Nathaniel Lloyd and Company (1901)
"Mr. George S. Saunders exhibited specimens, from Devonshire, of Pier-it rapa and Plusia gamma caught by the proboscis in flowers of araujia aliens, Don, ..."
5. The Entomologist's Record and Journal of Variation by James William Tutt, Malcolm Burr (1890)
"... of the mechanism by means of which the insects were entrapped by the flowers. Mr. Gahan remarked in reference to the capture of insects by araujia ..."