Definition of Arborescent plant
1. Noun. Having the shape or characteristics of a tree.
Generic synonyms: Ligneous Plant, Woody Plant
Arborescent Plant Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Arborescent Plant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Arborescent Plant
Literary usage of Arborescent plant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The English Cyclopaedia by Charles Knight (1866)
"It. is remarkable botanically as being the most northern arborescent plant of the natural order ..."
2. A Class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries by Alphonso Wood (1856)
"This is almost the only arborescent plant of this order lound in the Northern States. It is 6—12f high, growing on sea-coast and river alluvion. ..."
3. Class-book of Botany: Being Outlines of the Structure, Physiology, and by Alphonso Wood (1869)
"This is almost the only arborescent plant of this order found in the Northern States. It is 6- 12f high, growing on sea-coast and river alluvion. ..."
4. The Penny Cyclopædia of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge by Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (Great Britain), George Long (1836)
"It is remarkable botani- cally as being the most northern arborescent plant of the natural order ..."