Definition of Arbors
1. Noun. (plural of arbor) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Arbors
1. arbor [n] - See also: arbor
Lexicographical Neighbors of Arbors
Literary usage of Arbors
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1883)
"The introduction of arbors for the purpose of more effectually binding in one compact mass the series of alternate iron and steel plates in the doors- or ..."
2. Shop and Foundry Practice: Prepared for Students of the International by International Correspondence Schools (1901)
"Shape or Form of Solid arbors.—arbors are commonly used on work having a bore ... These arbors are made slightly under size at the ends, for the dog to be ..."
3. The Pruning-book: A Monograph of the Pruning and Training of Plants as by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1898)
"arbors.—arbors and bowers are usually formed with little reference to pruning and training. The first object is to secure shade and seclusion, and these are ..."
4. The American Flower Garden Companion by Edward Sayers (1838)
"arbors and trellises, Ivy and Virginian creepers for walls, ... Plan and Management of Trellises and arbors. In many flower gardens, trellises, arbors, ..."
5. Mechanical Engineering and Machine Shop Practice by Stanley Holmes Moore (1908)
"Shell Mill and Screw arbors. Shell mill and screw arbors are designed for holding ... This class of arbors and all stem or shanked cutters must be securely ..."
6. The watchmakers' hand-book: Intended as a Workshop Companion for Those who by Claudius Saunier, Edward Rigg, Julien Tripplin (1881)
"One driver will serve for any number of arbors, providing their ferrules are ... Smooth taper arbors.—The taper arbors ordinarily met with in the trade are ..."
7. The Garden and Its Accessories by Loring Underwood (1907)
"CHAPTER III arbors THERE are many interesting varieties of arbors suitable for gardens. Pergolas, trellises, bowers, or arches over pathways are all near ..."
8. Tool Making: A Practical Treatise on the Art of Making Tools, Jigs, and by Edward Russell Markham, American Technical Society (1919)
"Milling-Machine arbors. arbors for milling machines should be made from steel ... When a limited number of arbors are made, tool steel is generally used; ..."