Definition of Arcanums
1. arcanum [n] - See also: arcanum
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Arcanums Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Arcanums
Literary usage of Arcanums
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bibliotheca Chemica: A Catalogue of the Alchemical, Chemical and by John Ferguson (1906)
"Together with their Use and Office in Preparing Powers, arcanums, Magisterios, and Quintessences, the Dose and Vertues being Annexed. ..."
2. Neues Repertorium für Pharmacie by L. A. Buchner (1852)
"Es war nämlich die Frage zu beantworten , ob man in Belgien die Einführung und den Verkauf dieses arcanums aus der Fabrik von Dr. Giraudeau de St. Gervais*) ..."
3. Transactions by Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists' Society, Norwick Eng, Thomas Southwell, Norfolk and Norwich Naturalists' Society (1879)
"... he observes, that "there is the greatest probability of there being numberless arcanums yet lying dormant in the unknown properties of Matter, ..."
4. Athanase de Mézières and the Louisiana-Texas Frontier, 1768-1780: Documents by Athanase de Mézières (1914)
"... into the arcanums of nature, might originate fantastic systems, food for erroneous thoughts that gain contempt from the sages, ..."