Definition of Arizona elegans
1. Noun. Nocturnal burrowing snake of western United States with shiny tan scales.
Generic synonyms: Colubrid, Colubrid Snake
Group relationships: Arizona, Genus Arizona
Lexicographical Neighbors of Arizona Elegans
Literary usage of Arizona elegans
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Reptiles of Western North America: An Account of the Species Known to by John van Denburgh (1922)
"arizona elegans Kennicott FADED SNAKE Plates 66 and 73 arizona elegans KENNICOTT, US Mex. Bound. Surv., Vol. II, 1859, Kept., p. 18, pi. ..."
2. The Reptiles of the Pacific Coast and Great Basin: An Account of the Species by John Van Denburgh (1897)
"... and probably arizona elegans, and with the valleys or Californian Fauna possibly ... and probably arizona elegans; with the Californian Fauna, ..."
3. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th Series by California academy of sciences (1919)
"... conjuncta Cope Rhinocheilus lecontei Baird & Girard Coluber flagellum frenatus (Stejneger) arizona elegans Kennicott Tantilla eiseni Stejneger Crotalus ..."
4. Ecosystem Disturbance and Wildlife Conservation in Western Grasslands: A edited by Deborah M. Finch (1998)
"... debilis Plains spadefoot toad Spea bombifrons Inhabitants of sandy soils Scientific name Glossy snake arizona elegans Western hognose snake Heterodon ..."