Definition of Armadillidium
1. Noun. Type genus of the Armadillidiidae.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Armadillidiidae, Family Armadillidiidae
Member holonyms: Pill Bug
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Armadillidium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Armadillidium
Literary usage of Armadillidium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Russian Central Asia: Including Kuldja, Bokhara, Khiva and Merv by Henry Lansdell (1885)
"The absence of the genera armadillidium and Armadillo from the Turkistan fauna is ... The species of the genus armadillidium in the west of Europe extend ..."
2. A Monograph on the Isopods of North America by Harriet Richardson (1905)
"armadillidium vulgäre (After Sars). ti, Head with antenna' (ventral view), b, Dorsal view of female, r, First maxilla. </, First antenna, i, Anterior lip. ..."
3. A History of Crustacea: Recent Malacostraca by Thomas Roscoe Rede Stebbing (1893)
"It is possible that this is synonymous with the earlier armadillidium ... armadillidium, Brandt, 1833, has the flagellum of the second antennae two-jointed, ..."
4. Ecology, Diversity and Sustainability of the Middle Rio Grande Basin edited by Deborah M. Finch, Joseph A. Tainter (1996)
"(in press) examined the micro- habitat selection of armadillidium vulgäre, an introduced ground-dwelling isopod. Arthropod species composition and diversity ..."