Definition of Articulatio cubiti
1. Noun. Hinge joint between the forearm and upper arm and the corresponding joint in the forelimb of a quadruped.
Terms within: Musculus Articularis Cubiti, Crazy Bone, Funny Bone
Group relationships: Arm
Generic synonyms: Ginglymoid Joint, Ginglymus, Hinge Joint
Derivative terms: Cubital, Elbow, Elbow
Medical Definition of Articulatio cubiti
1. A compound hinge synovial joint between the humerus and the bones of the forearm; it consists of the articulatio humeroradialis and the articulatio humeroulnaris. Synonym: articulatio cubiti, cubital joint. (05 Mar 2000)
Articulatio Cubiti Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Articulatio Cubiti Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Articulatio Cubiti
Literary usage of Articulatio cubiti
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Laboratory Manual of Human Anatomy by Lewellys Franklin Barker, Dean De Witt Lewis, Daniel Graisberry Revell (1904)
"articulatio cubiti. ( From Poirier et Charpy, ... all forming one joint- cavity, that of the articulatio cubiti. (See Fig. 43. ..."
2. Cunningham's Manual of Practical Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham, Arthur Robinson (1914)
"articulatio cubiti (ELBOW-JOINT). This joint includes (i) the articulatio humero-ulnaris,r(2) the articulatio humero-radialis, and (3) the articulatio ..."
3. Textbook of Anatomy by Daniel John Cunningham (1905)
"... with the distal und of the humérus, describing the base of the cone. \ THE ELBOW-JOINT. This articulation (articulatio cubiti) provides an instance of a ..."