Definition of Artillery unit
1. Noun. An army unit that uses big guns.
Generic synonyms: Army Unit
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Specialized synonyms: Battery
Lexicographical Neighbors of Artillery Unit
Literary usage of Artillery unit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Notes on Field Artillery for Officers of All Arms by Oliver Lyman Spaulding (1918)
"The umpire will forward these reports to the senior artillery umpire in one of the following forms: "Such an artillery unit has been sent to such a place; ..."
2. Being a Narrative of Battery A of the 101st Field Artillery (formerly (1919)
"It was not until 1895, however, that its career as a modernized artillery unit began to show results. In that year a number of men prominent in the business ..."
3. The Military Dictionary (1987)
"An artillery unit in "direct support" or "in support" may simultaneously be placed "at priority call" to another unit or agency for a particular task and/or ..."
4. The Story of the 139th Field Artillery: American Expeditionary Forces by Robert Lowry Moorhead (1920)
"Unit—2nd Battalion-148. Targets—Breslau Trench 4688 to 5189, MG Emplacements No. 14 and 16, H — 2 hours to H — 5 min. Command—Trench Artillery. Unit— ..."