Definition of As such
1. Adverb. With respect to its inherent nature. "This statement is interesting per se"
Definition of As such
1. Adjective. As it should, as described ¹
2. Adverb. Per se, by itself, in itself. ¹
3. Adverb. Therefore; thus; so. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
As Such Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: As Such Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of As Such
Literary usage of As such
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"Alcock (108 New York Reports 329), that direct bequests for Masses cannot be made definitely as such except to incorporated churches or other corporations ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1890)
"... and as such commanded said battalion up to the 15th day of June, 1781, when the battalion was disbanded by the discharge of such men as were enlisted to ..."
3. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1909)
"A mere creditor, as such, has no right to that reme- 12 We come, then, to a careful analysis of * the other averments*in the bill, and it is Been that it is ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of King's Bench: With by Great Britain Court of King's Bench, George Mifflin Wharton (1845)
"... bank notes issued payable on demand by the defendants as such bankers, or by any other banking house in Neta-Castle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, Durham, ..."
5. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Labor, United States Office of Education (1908)
"... policemen shall be appointed by the police commissioner of said city from the civil service lists of persons eligible for appointment as such ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1915)
"... with the conclusion that " in maintaining the typical shape of the organism, epithelial tissue as such playe a subordinate rôle"; and connective tissue, ..."
7. Democracy in America by Alexis de Tocqueville (1839)
"To some it appears to be a novel accident, which as such may still be checked; to others it seems irresistible, because it is the most uniform, ..."