Definition of Asiatic black bear
1. Noun. Bear with a black coat living in central and eastern Asia.
Generic synonyms: Bear
Group relationships: Genus Selenarctos, Selenarctos
Asiatic Black Bear Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Asiatic Black Bear Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Asiatic Black Bear
Literary usage of Asiatic black bear
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Life After Logging: Reconciling Wildlife Conservation and Production by Erik Maijaard (2005)
"A fifth study on Sun Bear and asiatic black bear sympatric habitat use is being conducted in Thailand (Steinmetz in prep.). In Indonesia the main threats to ..."
2. Thailand by Christopher Evans, Lindsey Evans (2005)
"Other mammals in the park include the Asian jackal, asiatic black bear, Malayan sun bear, leopard, several species of deer, golden cat and a variety of ..."
3. Handbook of Incentive Measures for Biodiversity: Design and Implementation by Oecd, Jan Horst Keppler, Helen Mountford (1999)
"As a result, the extremely endangered asiatic black bear - which currently survives only at Mount Chiri in South Korea and in the demilitarised zone between ..."
4. Institutional Efficiency and Its Determinants: The Role of Political Factors by Silvio Borner, Frank Bodmer, Markus Kobler (2004)
"As a result, the extremely endangered asiatic black bear - which currently survives only at Mount Ghiri in South Korea and in the demilitarised zone between ..."
5. Sustainable Development: Critical Issues by OECD (2001)
"... imposing a ban on hunting the asiatic black bear in Korea; and prohibiting agricultural activities in a newly-established national park in Austria. ..."
6. Deforestation in Viet Nam by Rodolphe de Koninck (1999)
"In fact, five of these could only be found in Na Hang district: the tiger, the asiatic black bear, the clouded leopard, the Tonkin snub-nosed monkey, ..."