We're sorry, but that doesn't seem to be in our dictionary. Perhaps you were looking for:
Lexicographical Neighbors of
Literary usage of
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Nile: Notes for Travellers in Egypt by Ernest Alfred Wallis Budge (1907)
"The Aswan Dam stands in the First Cataract, a few miles south of Aswan. It is designed to hold up water to a ... It has been decided to raise the Aswan Dam, ..."
2. Industrial Arts Index by H.W. Wilson Company (1914)
"11 Eng N 69:143-4 Ja 23 '13 Enlargement of the Aswan dam. 11 Scl Am 725-8 Je 28 '13 Assyria 108:140-1 F ... J. Boyer, il Scl Am 109:124 Agr 16'13 Aswan dam. ..."
3. Report Upon the Basin of the Upper Nile: With Proposals for the Improvement by William Garstin, C. E. Dupuis (1904)
"(i) THE RAISING OF THE ASWAN DAM. I will commence my remarks by saying that I have, hitherto, opposed the immediate execution of this work. ..."
4. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1906)
"This second method of origin may be further illustrated by the remarkable conditions revealed during the cutting of the Aswan dam, where it was ..."
5. Diversity, Globalization, and the Ways of Nature by Antón, Danilo J (1995)
"The Aswan Dam has been particularly affected by increased silting, ... The Aswan Dam in upper Egypt was completed in 1970; its inauguration allowed the ..."
6. Water Hyacinth in Africa and the Middle East: A Survey of Problems and Solutions by Luis A. Navarro, George Phiri, George Yobe Kanyama-Phiri (2000)
"Before the construction of the High Aswan Dam, the main Nile channel was relatively free of the weed, as it was frequently flushed downstream by annual ..."
7. The Chautauquan by Chautauqua Institution (1909)
"But the Aswan dam was built at a time when for years Egypt had been ... Moreover, in order to save Philae it was not necessary to abandon the Aswan dam. ..."