Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Attap Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Attap
Literary usage of Attap
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Pearl of Asia: Reminiscences of the Court of a Supreme Monarch; Or, Five by Jacob T. Child (1892)
"The attap comprises both genders in the same tree and at times is full of sap which the natives obtain by tapping the tree similar to the way the maple is ..."
2. A Descriptive Dictionary of British Malaya by Nicholas Belfield Dennys (1894)
"Other substances, such as lalang grass and cocoanut leaves, are sometimes used, though much inferior in lasting qualities, and are then spoken of as " attap ..."
3. The Classical Journal (1812)
"When Paris advanced in front of the Trojans, and approached the Grecian chiefs, the poet says of him 'attap a Sou^e S-ju> •x.tM^uly.eva. ..."
4. An Anecdotal History of Old Times in Singapore, from the Foundation of the by Charles Burton Buckley (1902)
"Exertions were used as soon as possible to suppress it, but the wind being very high at the time, and the attap and wooden houses amongst which it ..."
5. The Golden Chersonese and the Way Thither by Isabella Lucy Bird (1883)
"Above this is a large wooden bungalow with an attap roof, which is the British Residency. There was no air, and the British ..."
6. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1888)
"The above-mentioned attap is used as material for roofing, and if well and ... In a small adjacent room, constructed of attap, we find the kitchen, ..."