Definition of Auditing
1. Verb. (present participle of audit) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Auditing
1. audit [v] - See also: audit
Lexicographical Neighbors of Auditing
Literary usage of Auditing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting by American Bankers Association, Indian Territory Bar Association, Savings Bank Division (1907)
"The question involved is, as we take it, how to make savings banks safe from within as well as from without, and the whole matter of auditing, ..."
2. The City School District: Statutory Provisions for Organization and Fiscal by Harry Erwin Bard (1909)
"Pre-auditing and after-auditing. There are two systems of auditing which are generally ... The first involves auditing claims before they may be paid; ..."
3. Practical Bank Operation by Loyd Helvetius Langston, First National City Bank of New York (1921)
"CHAPTER XXIV auditing Internal and External Audits In the chapters just preceding it ... In addition to these audits carried on by the auditing department, ..."
4. A Treatise on Extraordinary Legal Remedies: Embracing Mandamus, Quo Warranto by James Lambert High (1874)
"Discretion of auditing officers not controlled by mandamus; the doctrine ... Mandamus the proper remedy to test jurisdiction of auditing officers 350. ..."
5. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1908)
"We will now hear the report of the auditing committee, by Mr. CW McFarland, ... REPORT OF auditing COMMITTEE. The Ohio State Board of Agriculture: GENTLEMEN ..."
6. Proceedings of the American Pharmaceutical Association at the Annual Meeting by American Pharmaceutical Association, National Pharmaceutical Convention, American Pharmaceutical Association Meeting (1894)
"WHITNEY : Before that motion prevails I want to modify it so as to include the auditing Committee, and if Professor Remington will make the statement here ..."
7. Investment Guide for Latvia by Centre for Co-operation with Non-members (1998)
"Currently, six international auditing firms are present in Latvia and some twenty local auditing firms are established and located in the biggest cities of ..."
8. Journal of the New England Water Works Association by New England Water Works Association (1918)
"Respectfully submitted, ED ELDREDGE, AE PICKUP, BERTRAM BREWER, auditing Committee. On motion of Mr. Desmond FitzGerald, it was voted that the report of the ..."