Definition of Auditory system
1. Noun. The sensory system for hearing.
Generic synonyms: Sensory System
Category relationships: Audition, Auditory Modality, Auditory Sense, Hearing, Sense Of Hearing
Auditory System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Auditory System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Auditory System
Literary usage of Auditory system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"The auditory system functions to conduct the sound wave to a set of ... auditory system External Ear The auricle or pinna, the visible portion of the ear, ..."
2. Noise and Military Service: Implications for Hearing Loss and Tinnitus by Larry Humes, Lois Mary Joellenbeck, Jane Durch (2006)
"Generally, it is reasonable to presume that the involvement of central components of the auditory system "results in" the perception of sound. ..."
3. Christian Faith and the New Psychology: Evolution and Recent Science as Aids by David Ambrose Murray (1911)
"The ear or the auditory system is the part of our organism that is adapted to receive communications by means of speech or sound. ..."
4. Physiological Psychology by William McDougall (1908)
"(2 ) This new-formed system becomes associated with that auditory system excited by the ... Therefore when this sound again excites the auditory system, ..."
5. American Annals of the Deaf by Conference of Executives of American Schools for the Deaf (1909)
"child learning to use human speech without help from the auditory system. But I am convinced that precisely here a considerable variation exists among deaf ..."
6. Practical Hearing Aid Selection and Fitting by Henry Tobin (1998)
"Aging brings an assortment of other changes in the auditory system, both peripheral and central, that should be considered when determining appropriate ..."
7. A Text-book of Physiology: Normal and Pathological. For Students and by Winfield Scott Hall (1905)
"Fibres also enter the bundle from the auditory system, according to Edinger. The fibres passing to the facial nucleus have been thought by Mendel to supply ..."