Definition of Autoimmune diabetes
1. Noun. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset; characterized by polyuria and excessive thirst and increased appetite and weight loss and episodic ketoacidosis; diet and insulin injections are required to control the disease.
Terms within: Diabetic Acidosis, Ketoacidosis
Generic synonyms: Diabetes Mellitus, Dm, Autoimmune Disease, Autoimmune Disorder
Autoimmune Diabetes Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Autoimmune Diabetes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Autoimmune Diabetes
Literary usage of Autoimmune diabetes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Defense Vaccines: Force Protection Or False Security? edited by Dan Burton (2001)
"These experiments involved using the anthrax vaccine to alter the risk of autoimmune diabetes in the rodents. The data, which has been published in 2 ..."
2. Novel Systems for the Study of Human Disease: From Basic Research to by OECD Staff, (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope, SourceOECD (Online service) (1998)
"LEE, M.-S., R. MUELLER, LS WICKER, LB PETERSON, and N. SARVETNICK (1996), “IL-b is necessary and sufficient for autoimmune diabetes in conjunction with NOD ..."
3. Diabetes in America by Ronald Aubert (1996)
"Tuomi T, Groop LC, Zimmet PZ, Rowley MJ, Knowles W, MacKay IR: Antibodies to glutamic acid decarboxylase reveal latent autoimmune diabetes mellitus in ..."
4. Catalyzing Inquiry at the Interface of Computing And Biology by John C. Wooley, Herbert Lin (2005)
"... swarming and social organisms and, more recently, models for neuroinflammation in Alzheimer's disease and pathogenesis of type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes. ..."