2. Noun. An expressway in any francophone country. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Autoroute
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Autoroute Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Autoroute
Literary usage of Autoroute
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Canada 2002 by Wayne C. Thompson (2003)
"The other route is via Highway 40 West to autoroute Decarie (15), ... Visitors arriving from Ottawa should take Highway 40 East to autoroute Décarie (15), ..."
2. Montreal by Ulysses Travel Guides Staff (2004)
"From Ottawa, take Highway 40 East to Highway l5 South (autoroute Decarie), and then follow the signs for downtown (centre-ville). ..."
3. Canada: Ontario, Quebec, Atlantic Provinces by Eva Ambros (1998)
"La Patrie and Cook- shire to autoroute l6l to Lae-Mégantic). By bus: Buses depart almost hourly from the Terminus Voyageur. 505 blvd. de Maisonneuve E.. ..."
4. Quebec by Francois Remillard (2003)
"To reach downtown Montréal from Mirabel, follow the autoroute des Laurentides S. (Aut. 15) until it intersects with autoroute Métropolitaine E. (Aut. ..."